Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Have you ever...

...woken up from a dream but still had the sensation of being in it? Well, it happened to me today. I won't even explain about the bizarre images and experiences that I went through in last night's dream--it involves a man with big, nasty elephant ears and a unicorn horn in the middle of my forehead. Just weird stuff, and way too complicated and fuzzy to explain anyway.

The thing is, the sensation of waking up and realizing last night's surreal experience was only a dream is disorienting. From the moment you slip out of bed and you go to the bathroom, you're still wondering if what you're seeing and touching is the real thing.

It amazes me how intense some dreams can be, and how they warp your sense of reality for a moment. The line between reality and fantasy blurs. Even when you have nightmares with people you know and you see them the next day, you still have that thorn of worry or anger (depending on what the dream with that person was) pricking your chest. It's just so weird. The human mind really does amazes me. Sometimes I really do wonder if death in dreams would really mean death in this realm...

No comments:

Post a Comment